REGIM-Lab. is a Research Laboratory in Intelligent Machines (code LR11ES48) located in the National Engineering School of Sfax (ENIS), University of Sfax.
Research activities in REGIM-Lab. focuses on intelligent machines that meet the needs of developing smart cities, and especially, the following projects:
- Smart Health
- aims to implement intelligent systems in order to constantly improve health provision for all within this changing health economy.
- Keywords: Medical image analysis
- Smart Security
- aims to develop an intelligent surveillance system involving large crowds which can be a potential target for criminal.
- Keywords: Biometric authentication, Encryption, Watermarking
- Smart Transportation
- aims to provide innovative services relating to different components of the transportation system (travelers, vehicles, road infrastructure, and data centers), and mainly: road management system, public bus transportation system, driver behavior security system, inter/inter vehicles communications system
- Keywords: traffic management, adaptive vehicle route guidance, optiomization, communications
- Smart Administration
- aims to develop an innovative document management system that supports different modules for online/offline document image processing like restoration, segmentation, indexation, retrieval, etc.
- Keywords: OCR, Arabic Script, Historical Documents Analysis, Remote Sensing, Affective Computing, Arab words recognition, Speech recognition, Online / offline documents analysis
- Smart Media
- aims to
- Keywords: Classification, Classifiers Combination, Features Extraction, High Dimension Classification Problems, Handwriting Recognition, Handwriting Modeling, Motor Control, Perception, 3D objects modeling, Video surveillance, Big Data, Cloud computing, Web Mining, Data Mining, Knowledge data extraction, Social computing
- Smart Computation
- aims to innovate on approaches and computational intelligence techniques while taking inspiration from human intelligence (Math / logic, Emotional / Social) and natural or biological phenomena in order to solve complex and large real world problems.
- Keywords: Evolutionary computing, Swarm intelligence, Artificial immune systems, Fuzzy Sets, Uncertainty analysis, Fractals, Support vector machines, Artificial neural networks, Case Based, Reasoning, Wavelets, Hybrid intelligent systems, Nature inspired computing techniques, Machine learning, Ambient intelligence, Hardware implementations, Multi-Agent Systems, Autonomous robots, Multi-Robot Systems